Wishing Wisdom, Wellness and Wealth
281 / 2022
Quote of the day
In order to help our employees do this and be a better self, recently we had a beautiful personality development programme facilitated by a well known Learning Facilitator (www.srividyanagaraju.com). It was a fun-filled, action packed time spent together that threw up the following top-12 learnings (as shared by my team), presented creatively by Ms. Amritha Puranik, CS Intern :
1. Nobody thinks about you. Stop thinking what others think about you.
5. Destination and the journey, both are equally important. Enjoy both.
7. Life is not all black and white. Learn to accept the grey in between.
9. Power of visualisation is strong. Visualise first and then act. Results will follow.
10. Big things being the same, small things make a big difference.
11. Seeking help is not a weakness.
12. Care for yourself like how you care for others. Me-time is not selfishness.
2. We are here to express, not to impress. Impression should be the outcome, not the objective.
3. Give yourself the permission to fail. You are not a failure as long as you don’t fail to learn from it.
4. Let’s serve with care, not with worry.
6. Convert fear into curiosity – things will become easier.
8. You are your own limitation. You are more capable than what you think. Challenge yourself.
The best part was that all of these came from group activities and not from a lecture session. I believe this internalisation will result in individual actions for betterment.
I really wish MCA undertakes similar learning sessions for its officials so that they introspect and stop living in a self-denial mode. The portal is again throwing tantrums leading to all corporates now having to pay Rs. 100 per day penalty for late filing of financial statements. Most Company Secretary friends are seething with anger, anguish and anxiety thanks to the technical glitches and errors of MCA, resulting in late nights and holiday-working for no fault of theirs. The story repeats year after year. Be that as it may, our monthly newsletter Samhita-281 is on time each time with its regulatory updates, statutory due dates reminder and tips on better business communication. The ‘Books-Best Buddy’ initiative features an interesting book on confidence building, recommended by an avid reader Ms. Sangeetha Flora from Salem. I am sure you will enjoy reading the book.
For any previous issues of Samhita and the readers’ feedback, please visit http://www.sharadasc.com/resource-center/.
Mike Fisher the author of the book “Confidence at the Core” is also a C-Suite advisor, organisational transformation consultant, executive coach, and leadership development architect.
I met Mike Fisher for the first time at a Leadership Coaching program, where he coached us on Executive Presence of which confidence was an integral part. So, when I heard Mike had written this book, I just had to get a copy which is only 126 pages.
The power packed chapters translate the abstract elements of confidence into simple, applicable nuggets and frameworks, interspersed with relatable anecdotes and examples, that helps us ultimately develop our confidence from the inside out.
The analogy of the cockpit helps us visualise the aspect of confidence and how to identify when we are out of balance and how to get back to even keel aids in gaining our confidence at the core.
Reminders for Payments & ReturnsTo save a date into your calendar, select an event from the link and follow the options
Governing Council for SSE
Maintenance of status after reclassification - Extended
The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises has notified the new thresholds for classification of MSMEs vide notification dtd. 26 June 2020.
In the said notification paragraph 8 sub-paragraph 5 has been replaced. Consequently, even after re-classification of an entity due to an upward change (example - micro to small or medium) arising from the change in thresholds i.e. investment in plant and machinery or turnover or both, the entity will continue to enjoy the non-tax benefits available to the lower category enterprise for a period of 3 years from the re-classification.
Earlier such benefit was available for 1 year.